How to Catapult Your Business to New Heights in 2016
You lean back in your office chair wondering into the distance, “was 2015 a good year? Could profits be better?”
We’ve all had those late-night thoughts, “What’s my ROI going to look like… Have I left the downstairs lights on… Am I going to make a profit?”
Well, fear not suspiciously accurate doubter, we have compiled five key steps to help propel you forward in the New Year.
With the New Year come a series of Facebook posts, you know the “New Year, New Me”, “I promise to quit smoking,” or my personal favourite “I’ll get fit this year.”
We know you’ve made them, so this year we’ve decided to pool our efforts and produce five vital pillars which will act as the foundation to your catapult.
Get Your Message Out There
Let’s face it, new customers won’t just magically appear, developing and strengthening your credibility as well as a rigorous series of testing will help you discover which marketing approach works best for you.
The real question is which marketing approach will effectively raise the awareness of your brand?
Although your existing contacts are valuable as they may become customers, it’s the people who they know who should be of the most interest to you.
The greatest factor that benefits growth is to ‘get your message out there.’
Fortunately, there are numerous inexpensive methods to generate leads. Here are a few;
- PR – This is generally defined as using traditional forms of advertising such as page space in newspapers and magazines to get publicity.
- Guerrilla marketing – An unconventional approach where imaginative and attention-grabbing methods are used to gain exposure. Tactics include placing adverts in curious or abnormal places and organising publicity stunts such as flash mobs.
- SEO – Search marketing remains effective, the approach includes search engine optimisation and running online advertisements on websites such as Google, Bing, Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Inbound Marketing – Using content marketing to create your own blog or becoming a guest writer on popular existing blogs can showcase your knowledge, and position you as a thought leader in your industry.
- Offline opportunities – A useful way to promote your enterprise, it includes speaking engagements, networking events and industry conferences.
The key is to get into action, the sooner you can start marketing the sooner you can catapult your business to new heights.
Believe, Believe, Believe
First and foremost, you need to have substantial belief in whatever you are doing in order to achieve success. It’s you who decides when you’ve become successful or when it’s time to call it a day.
Failing to believe in your enterprise is the same as forgetting to load your catapult, you can do it but it will be astonishingly underwhelming and I’m positive you won’t hit your target.
Here are some ways you can refresh your business;
- Be passionate, failure is usually due to stagnation in motivation or a ceasing of conviction.
- Reinvigorate yourself, pick yourself up, refresh and inspire yourself. Go back to the very start and remember why you began.
- Understand your blueprint, risk taking, decisive actions and a flexible mind set are imperative, so evaluate your current train of thought and distinguish where you can improve.
Nurture Your Team
So, now you’ve reinvigorated your business with bucket loads of belief, the third step is to build and nurture a team that supports your vision, are full of enthusiasm, and love what they do.
Imagine you’re the architect for this catapult; you have to make sure that the wheels you choose are capable of overcoming the toughest of terrains.
A crucial tip is to identify the hidden talents within your employees. Seek talent out and nurture it, As Richard Branson stated, “look after your team and your team will look after your clients.”
More quick tips to help nuture your employees;
- Build a competent and capable team
- Develop your team
- Hire for attitude, train for skill
If you are playing the role of a leader within your business, it’s up to you to develop your team.
You may have a web developer who has a flare for social media or a PA proficient in design, it’s your job to identify and cultivate these skills.
A crucial lesson I have learned is to hire for attitude and to train for skill. A loyal, hard-working employee is priceless.
Challenge the Norm
We all get wrapped up following what our competitors are doing, offering a similar set of services.
Challenging the norm or thinking differently is where creative difference begins. If you have a digital growth strategy, challenge it! If you don’t have a strategy, then build one.
Sit down with your smoothly functioning team, wind your rope and plan a strategically creative content calendar, decide what blog titles you will use, which buyer personas you will target and which social media sites you wish to utilise.
Although it is important to differ from your competitors, remember to analyse how they are gaining traffic. Once you have this knowledge to hand you can create an even better plan encompassing their strengths but with your own edge.
Own Your Goals
Ok, now you have a killer catapult, it’s been recoiled and positioned and you are about to let it go, but wait! You notice your elderly neighbour Mrs. Thompson gardening in your line of fire…. take a step back, get a higher vantage point and re-evaluate.
Owning your goals is key to catapulting your business to new heights.
- Know how many customers you need to grow – most company owners do not know how many new prospects they need to convert into clients to meet the growth plan!
- Set S.M.A.R.T goals – Goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time related.
- Agree on an outline, once you have this use your resources to track how far you currently are from your target and set a timescale.
- Chunk Objectives – Break up your timescale into digestible objective chunks, this means your team can manoeuvre with efficiency and refined competence.
You now have the all-important foundation to catapult your company forward in 2016.
The ultimate team has been constructed, you’ve created a plethora of plans and you’ve garnished the entire thing in resounding amounts of belief.
By now you should be ready to tackle 2016 right in the gut, from my personal experience owners can be extremely stretched for time and resources. As such your company can suffer, well not anymore.
Midas Digital is here to help you grow your enterprise and help you revolutionise your strategy in 2016.